Christine Welch is our provider here in Tauranga and with her friendly, relaxed approach your lessons will be fun and enjoyable. The Defensive Driving Course (DDC) can reduce your time on a restricted licence by up to 6 months.
Each year approximately 400 people are killed on our roads, countless more are badly injured.
We will teach you to be competent, aware and responsible drivers.
If you attend a Defensive Driving Course and are over the age of 17 ½, you are entitled to sit your full licence test after holding your restricted licence for 12 months instead of 18 months. If you are 25 years or older and attend a Defensive Driving Course you may do your full licence test in 3 months instead of 6 months.
We offer a new course as required.
The Defensive Driving Course has four in-class theory components and one on-road component:
- Session one gives you an overview of the course and we explore the causes of crashes.
- Session two investigates your driving characteristics, and discusses the driving characteristics and behaviours of competent drivers. It leads into a goal setting exercise which we follow for the remainder of the course.
- Session three teaches you how to effectively search or scan your driving environment, and how to access any hazards that you identify. It also covers the kinds of factors that reduce your ability to search your environment an assess your driving risks.
- Session four details how you can reduce the risks you identify in your driving environment, both through improving your physical driving skill, and through making sure you have the right attitude and driving environment to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- The final session is a one-on-one session. It will give you practice in searching, assessing and reduce the risks in your driving environment, and prepare you for your Full Licence Test.
Pre-booking is essential as we have limited places. Contact us
to book your place.